Copy this code: systemsthinking-dev/poker-in-elm at starter (github.com)
This is my accomplishment for the day, so I’m here to share it with you, and add the results I wanted today to web searches in the future.
Netlify is the easiest place to deploy a static web app.
It’s set up for development in VSCode, locally with the remote container extension and collaboratively on GitPod. It includes the VSCode extension for elm.
Sad news: “format on save” does not work for me. The extension gives an error message. Instead, there’s a command for
npm run format.
- Start with a Node.js container
- use npm to install Elm, because then Netlify will have it. These dependencies are in package.json
- also install elm, and elm-format, and elm-test in the Dockerfile because the VSCode extension wanted it.
- duplicate the devcontainer config in
.gitpod.ymlbecause GitPod doesn’t yet read it
- run both
- I used elm-live to get automatic rebuilds, but not live reload.
How is the development experience? Some of us may find out this afternoon.